A few weeks ago at church the pastor said consecrate instead of holy and it got me to thinking: what's the difference between the two?
Here's what I discovered on Blue Letter Bible .
Consecrate means a few things. "Dedicate" make new; to renew "perfected" complete: reached it's end.
Holy means "Reverent" sacred character. "Sanctification" separated unto God. "Sacred" consecrated to God.
The difference I found was that in every instance holy is always to God but consecrate can be either to God or to evil as in EX 22:20 means to ban; to split, slit, mutilate. To divide. Prohibit, forfeited, to exterminate, completely destroy.
Though I don't know much, about Hebrew grammer and the tenses, I think it's so wonderful to know that when God talks about those who are consecrated to evil there is never a future tense.
Everyone has the choice of who they are going to devote themselves to.
No comments:
Post a Comment